*NOTE: I am looking for vendors who take making a commitment seriously. I completely understand that real life comes first and that sometimes things happen and I am absolutely sympathetic to that fact. However, in all things I will protect the hunt chain and the interest of the other vendors where needed. If you can not be set up on time and do not reply to the requests to correct if needed, please understand that it is not personal that I will for the interest of the rest of the hunt vendors remove those stores who don’t get set up and replace them. *
1. Only original creators no resellers (this includes authorized resellers or BIB items), clubs, rentals, or copyrighted materials (such as art taken from the web, duplication of another’s work by any means, or any such non original work) if it's not your own original work then please don't apply. Obviously use of purchased textures, scripts, templates, and sculpties is fine as those items are sold to content creators for use in their work. If you have a few authorized reseller vendors I won’t disqualify you, that is different then a shop who is selling mostly or entirely non original content.
2. One location per store and one store per person please. I will be limiting this hunt to 75 stops max please give others opportunity to join us. You may include gifts from multiple stores in one package if you wish to promote these other businesses. (If you wish to place a second location or additional shop on the reserve list for filling in any spots last minute that we might have to fill then please add that to the bottom of your application including a LM)
3. You will receive an invitation to the hunt vendors group upon acceptance of your application; you must remain in the vendor group. I understand group slots are limited but it is important to be able to communicate with the vendors effectively and this is the best option for that.
4. Gifts may be anything you wish to create, or if you prefer an item from your stock but please no freebies repackaged. This only annoys hunters to work to find the hunt item and then open it to find only stuff they could have gotten as a freebie without hunting. Also remember that if you give an item that isn’t up to the quality of what you sell or doesn’t somehow show what your items are then you hurt yourself.
5. Please try to build something that at least loosely fits the theme, the theme has a wide range of ways to build for it even loosely. I won’t force you to build for the theme, I’m not inspecting gifts. But it’s an opportunity to think outside the box if you don’t already have items along the line of the theme or expand on what you do have if you do.
6. If possible including a male item or unisex item is encouraged but not required.
7. Object must be no more then 30 meters from the point at which the hunters land. If your location is in a mall or location with centralized teleporting you will need to be able to put up a sign pointing them to your store. Please check with Mall/Market/Rental managers that you can do this. I won’t come around measuring these, unless I get complaints that it’s half a mile away. Please use your best judgment. In the Silver & Gold hunt my own object was further away but then it was also a 50m bell.
8. The hunt object may be hidden however you see fit, however, it may not be hidden so that it is enclosed fully in another object, only a tiny bit of it shows, or is otherwise nearly impossible to locate.
9. The hunt object must be set to sell contents NOT a copy (which gives the hunters a folder rather then making them have to rez a box) and will be set to L$0 and no more!
10. Your gifts must be boxed/bagged before placing them in the hunt object. The folder given to the hunter should only contain 2 items, the landmark to the next location and your gift package!
11. The Hunt Signs. Upon acceptance you will receive an application sign, once all spots are filled or we reach the application deadline a prehunt sign will be sent out, and just before the hunt a final hunt info sign will be sent out. You will need to have a sign out from the time you are accepted to the time the hunt ends. I expect within 48 hours of sending the new sign (barring rl keeping you from logging on in that time) you will have the sign replaced with the new one.
12. If your shop moves or you drop out of the hunt for any reason you must notify an organizer so that we can keep the chain from being broken which only hurts other vendors in the hunt. If possible a day's notice would help to ensure we can replace the lm in the previous box. I do understand that sometimes even the vendor does not know in advance that the location is going to be suddenly relocated or vanish. If you move the shop on the same lot and are not using forced landing points it is also important you notify me with a corrected LM, if the hunters land 100m away and as many do have their draw distance set low to help with lag from hunting they may not even see your shop if it’s moved.
13. You must have both the sign and the hunt object, set to sell for 0 out for the walk through. I have to be able to check the LM’s in them to ensure one last time just before the hunt that every LM sent out is correct and working properly. You do NOT have to have the gift included, you can just leave it with the lm or place a notecard saying that the hunt starts soon come back then in it. I will be checking that you have the hunt info sign and the lm in your hunt object works properly.
14. You must have your hunt gift placed in the object and hidden by midnight for the hunt start. I will most likely start the hunt at my shop at midnight and work through the entire chain until it’s completed just after the start to ensure that all is working properly and to gather hints where needed.
15. I do not see this as 'my hunt' I am the organizer, the one who chose to organize and 'run' the hunt, however, this is everyparticipating vendor's hunt. I will if changes are made or needed ask for input in the group. I will however make the choice that seems to be both majority opinion and best for the majority of those involved. Please treat me with respect as I will always treat you with respect.
Thank you for reading this, I have tried to keep the rules simple, if others are deemed nessecary later on I will then add them. Please know that I greatly appreciate your work in preparing your shop location and creating a wonderful gift for our hunters and thank you for placing your trust in my ability to pull this hunt off smoothly and without drama or other issues along the way. Please know, if there is any issue or question you can IM me at any time, I will respond as soon as possible.
Welcoming the Tiger Hunt Organizer
*NOTE: Read the instructions carefully, those who do not follow them will be omitted from this hunt as it is important that the hunt vendors can read and follow instructions*
1 Create a new notecard and name it "Welcoming the Tiger
example: Welcoming the Tiger Secrets of Gaia Rox Arten
2 Copy the following to the notecard and fill in the information. I am asking for both landmark (to include in hunt boxes) and SLURL (just in case sl glitches and wipes the landmark).
Alternate contact or partner (if any):
Have you read the rules and guidelines, and agree to abide by them?
3. Be sure that you included your landmark and the notecard saved and drop the completed application on the profile of Rox Arten.